Monday, May 10, 2010

I guess I haven't posted in here in a while. So much of this process is a waiting game. We are currently in our first "official 2ww". I don't want to get into details, but we'd been having some issues but I think everything was timed right. I'm getting nervous because my temperature dipped pretty low this morning, but my temps have been all messed up because I've been taking it at various times. I've been getting up really early or late, etc. I'm hoping the temp dip doesn't mean anything and it's back up tomorrow. I got an OPK that was nearly +. If you looked closely, the far left of the test was as dark as the control, and I know some tests say to go by the darkest part. I've never gotten a technical positive, but it's SO freaking close and my temps have always shown ovulation, so I consider then +. The temp is the real test, so I trust it. I'm excited, and Andy keeps talking about the baby. He is so positive about it, and I'm feeling positive too, but not expecting anything.

I did see the nephrologist and he said if he was kidney-centric and didn't care about my life he'd tell me never to have kids, and that if he were working on a second he'd argue with me. He says he understands, though, and he says now is the best time. He's very supportive and wants to help so he's monitoring me and giving me some time, but he says I need to get pregnant ASAP, so we're giving it 2 cycles and then going to the RE to start IVF. I am so hopeful this cycle because I don't want to have to go to that and we only have 2 natural cycles because of my kidneys. I hope Andy's not to disappointed if the test ends up negative. This is the first 2ww where there's an honest chance I could be pregnant and I'm analyzing everything. It's driving me nuts and I want to be hopeful but I'm so scared of being let down it's hard to be. I've been praying and I will continue to. I hope this is it. We've been dealing with the struggles of IF and my kidneys for a while so it would be awesome to have some great news to share with the family who is having trouble dealing with some of it. We'll see. Hopefully I get crosshairs tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment