Monday, October 28, 2013

22 Weeks and 2 Days

Things have been progressing so smoothly this pregnancy. I don't want to jinx it but I'm happy about the way things are going. There is some concern about my blood pressure, but when I just had it checked it was 136/75 which is much better than how I spent most of my pregnancy with Evie. I have less than two weeks until V-Day, I haven't thrown up in a few days (nor felt sick but once in a while) and I still feel pretty good. I'm seeing the OB every two weeks, plus getting a growth ultrasound every 4 weeks, and starting at 32 weeks I'll have twice weekly NSTs. It's going to be a lot of doctor's visits, but if it can keep me out of the hospital and off bed rest then that's OK. It was January before we started noticing real problems in my pregnancy with Evie. I know my kidneys are worse off this time, but I'm thankful to have made it this far.

Really I can't believe how fast it has gone. Pretty soon it will be Christmas, and at that point we really have to start getting everything out of the spare room and moving furniture from E's room in there. And getting her a toddler bed. I don't feel comfortable giving her a toddler bed without a video monitor though, and since ours broke again, we're going to need something with 2 cameras and they're so expensive. We need to think about a theme for the nursery, and I need to start putting his clothes away. Right now everything is just piling up like crazy. And while I feel good, I'm still tired out from being pregnant, chasing an almost 2 year old, working full time, and kidney disease, so finding time to organize is so not at the top of my priority list. I planned to do a lot of it over the Thanksgiving break but now I have to fly to St. Louis that Sunday. Which sucks, but I need the comp time for traveling for work.

Evie is doing OK. I think she's getting at least 2 teeth though so she's been a little cranky and waking up at 4AM the last few nights. I want these teeth to come through for her. I've been trying to keep her occupied with trips and fun things. We went to the park the other day.

She loves the park. One of her favorite things is the big metal climbing dome. She doesn't climb it, though. She just climbs under it and hangs out in her own little spot. So far she's come out on her own, which is great because my belly will not fit in there! She also loves slides, but this particular slide was too high up to let her go up on her own, so she decided to climb the slide itself instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment