Wednesday, July 31, 2013

17 Months/9w3d

First of all, it's difficult to wrap my brain around the fact that my daughter is 17 months old. She's such a little ball of energy and personality. And she's SO good. I just feel like all the problems I have had in life were me pre-paying my dues to be gifted and blessed with this sweet angel. So here's what she's up to lately:

- Walking and running. This child wants to go where she wants to go. She doesn't need "things" to play with if she's outside. She's happy just having the grass under her feet. We went for a walk on Monday and she didn't want to hold my hand so I had to carry her. Toddler tantrum ensues lol. She just loves being free.

- I went on my first business trip and she did well, but when I came home she wouldn't let me out of her sight for a week. It's been 3 weeks and she still goes through a period every day where she wants me to hold her constantly. Normally she's extremely independent.

- Her language skills are amazing. She can say mama, dada, hi, no, kitty, bubble, ball, baby, dog, bye, mom-mom, popi (her grandpa), and some others. The other day she pointed to an owl and said "Look daddy!". She puts words together "Hi daddy", "Bye Popi". When I was carrying her to the car and she wanted to be down I swear she said "I WALK!" And she understands pretty much everything I say. She wanted no parts of holding my hand that day, so before I got her out of the car at Walmart I said "Evie I want to let you walk but you MUST hold my hand. It's dangerous. If you try to pull away, I have to carry you". So of course she was perfect on the walk in.

- Her attention span is growing. She sits in our laps for whole books and tv shows. Bubble Guppies is still her favorite.

- She's pointing things out. If you ask her where the ball is in a picture, she can point to it.

- She's still obsessed with the water, and now she loves tumbling. She will do actual somersaults on her own.

- She can go up and down stairs by herself, but we still have to be right there because sometimes she forgets and tries to step right off.

Here are some pictures of my sweet girl:




Aaaaand I'm 9w3d with B2. Morning sickness is annoying, but MUCH better than with Evie. We have vacation in a few weeks and then the NT scan. My BP isn't great, so I'm on meds, but.. just hoping to get to 32 weeks right now. And hopefully far beyond.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I really, really appreciate them. I had forgotten that you had an amnio with Evie...it helps to "know" someone who has first hand experience. Second, I cannot believe how big your girl is getting!! She sounds so smart and adorable :) glad your pregnancy is going well, too. Yay for less m/s this time around! I will keep my fingers crossed for well beyond 32 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete