Monday, March 4, 2013

1 Year

I've done a lot of reflecting on the fact that my daughter is 1. She's been in my life for an entire year, and I still can't grasp the ways in which she's changed my life for the better. I never could have imagined such a beautiful creature could have come from me - this gorgeous soul, full of happiness and joy. She's so smart and curious and sweet and I can't express my love for her. My mom always used to tell me "There's no love like the love you have for a child" and I thought that had to be silly. I loved my parents. I love Andy. But no. There is nothing like it in the world. There is not 1 thing I wouldn't do for my daughter. I sit in the room next to hers while she sleeps and think about how much I miss her. A few nights ago I asked Andy if I could wake her up to give her a kiss. He said no, of course. I won't even continue to try to explain how I feel about my daughter. All I can say is that I'm blessed. She is worth it. She is worth everything that has ever happened. If all the bad was building up the karma to be granted guardianship over this sweet angel, I'd do it - every last ounce of it - again in the blink of an eye. 

Please enjoy some pictures of my sweet girl having fun at her party! 








No comments:

Post a Comment