Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've posted, and, therefore, I have a lot of pictures.

E's going through the mildest of sleep regressions. Meaning that rather than sleeping through the night 75% of the time, she's now waking up once 75% of the time. I don't think I'm allowed to complain about that. Mom law. A lot of the time she wakes up smiling in the middle of the night, but if she's crying I bring her into my room in her rock n play because there's nothing wrong and I assume she's scared. She needs to learn that her room is her safe sleep spot, but right now she's napping downstairs, and two days a week she's at my parents' house. We'll teach her when she moves but right now she can be near me. I love it. She normally wakes up giggling in the morning. She's extremely happy unless she's very tired, very hungry, or annoyed with being in her car seat.

She's getting better at sitting up on her own. Sometimes she picks up or bats at a toy with one hand and steadies herself with the other. I think if I had good toys she could steady herself with she would be sitting without holding herself up much faster, but no more toys until we move. It's a horrid rule, but it's a rule. She has good sitting toys at my parents'. My mom is terrified to let her go, but my dad and I let her sit on her own all the time. My mom worries more than I do! I think she's slowing her development!



Daddy and I had a date night Friday night, and this is from when I picked her up. Hubs needs a haircut, and E has an annoying habit of smiling up until I snap the picture. I end up with her looking miserable. She's doing it in a bunch of these. When she saw us, she lit up like a firework.


E and Uncle Matt, doing her no smile for the picture thing. She's actually confused. This sounds like Uncle Matt, but where is his hair? Well, E, Uncle Matt shaved his head in support of Aunt Jess (his wife's identical twin) who lost her hair due to chemo for stage 4 breast cancer. She's 29. He's a good brother.


7AM is smile time.


You can see here that her eyes aren't brown. They look it in a lot of photos, but they're still grey. If they do turn, they'll be hazel. They've been light for too long to turn brown. Notice the hand in daddy's mouth. All she wants to do these days is grab at faces. 


What? E in a baby carrier not screaming? I actually wore her into the store and we survived. It's a miracle.



Lonely... I'm Mrs. lonely.. I got nobody...


She's in her pack n play with her buddies up top and her bee and blocks. I think this was my mom's attempt at not spoiling her by trying to make her play on her own. Look at that leg roll. She's finally getting some good chub. Chances are this lasted 2 minutes or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment