Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Updates

A lot of things have happened since I last posted. I suppose I took an accidental leave of absence. I started posting every little thought on my tumblr and had so little left for here. But today I've been going through and thinking about the last month and everything that's happened. I can't get over how much my little girl has grown... how much she can do... how much LOVE I have for her. I've been missing her a lot lately because I've been so busy (more later) but sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed with feelings.

We finally closed on our house on Monday, so I've been working on that and I feel like I haven't seen Evie as much. I know it has to be done, and that soon she'll have a beautiful new house to call her own, but I still wish I could just spend every moment of every day with her. She's absolutely my sunshine. She's been babbling incessantly lately, and saying all sorts of new sounds and words, though she's not yet putting together "da" with her daddy.




She got a kiss from an older man! My SIL's twin has a little boy and he decided he needed to come snuggle my girl. Who wouldn't, right? It was a sneak attack since she was trying to eat her toes.


She's been fighting naps, so we've been spending a lot of time here, in her carseat. Every so often she'll take a great nap, but more often than not she's screaming before she actually drifts off. This is just for naps. She's been amazing at bed time.


She had her first play date with her friend Ben, my bff's little boy who's 3 weeks younger. They didn't know what to think of each other, and they fought over a toy, but it was hysterical and we were cracking up laughing about it.


This is Evie wondering who this kid is and why she's here. We told them they'd better get used to each other. The first thing she did when I put her down was grab for his hands. She's such a little love bug. But she's never been around anyone her age, so I think she was confused! Actually she and Ben have been around each other a lot, but they were in their car seats. Now that they're old enough to play, there's a whole new level of fun to be had!


She rode in a shopping cart for the first time. She always gets lazy and leans, so we usually put something next to her, but she can sit up like a big girl. I think she's a little spoiled and thinks she shouldn't have to expend the effort.


Foot eating is still in full force.


We're actually moving into the new house this weekend, but for right now I'm splitting my time between work and the two houses. I just want to be with my love, but such is the plight of a working mom. Thankfully this weekend is a 3 day weekend, and we're getting into holiday season, so I'll have 4 day weekends coming up as well. That we can spend in our own house! Where we have tons of room to play and to put up a Christmas tree! I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment