Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Exercise is Hard

I really need to figure out an exercise schedule. I've lost over 25 pounds and have about 92 to go. But working out when you work full time and have an infant is so not easy! My conscious mind is always conflicted about this. I need to lose weight so I can be around for her as she grows up because I'm unhealthy. But then she's only this little once so I want to spend as much time with her as I can now. I feel like I'm not getting the caliber of workouts with the stroller as I could be, and I want to join a gym, but they're so expensive, and when would I go? But I LOVE swiming, and it's so incredibly good for you!


I could always go on the weekend, but two days a week isn't enough. I'd like to go at least 4, and I want to lift weights, too. I don't want to be flabby when all this extra fat is gone.

Hubs has to put school off until Spring because we can't apply for the loan since we're buying this house and they're processing the loan right now. He'll be working full time this Fall. If I could get to work by 7 and leave by 3:30, I could work out and still be home by 5 or 5:30 to spend a few hours with my princess. I'd miss out on that hour or so I was working out, but it's only 2 work days a week. I think I'm going to have to do that to make sure I can be around for her as long as possible. Since A will be working, I MIGHT be able to swing the bill for the gym. He'll just have to get up at 6 with E and I so I can get out of the house. It's two days a week. He's already said he'd do it so that's going to have to be our new schedule as soon as he gets out of his horrible job and into one with decent hours.

There are 3 gyms with pools within a reasonable distance from my house. 2 are $50 a month, and one is $32 a month, but doesn't include a gym membership, only the pool, and is totally out of my way in regards to work. My SIL is a trainer at one, so I may be able to get a discount for that, or free child care so I could take E if I really wanted. Now that she's getting older that seems a bit more of a viable option. I THINK I could let someone in the same building as me take care of her for an hour. I might be wrong.

They have a 60 day trial for $60 and you get to see a trainer 2x a week as well as pool access. I might try that just to see if it actually works without signing up for a contract or spending too much money to find out it's just not feasible. I have to do something. Walking at lunch is just not cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment