Friday, November 4, 2011

Ups, Downs, and a Prayer

It's been an interesting sort of week, filled with ups and downs of all shapes and sizes. The fact that the holidays are coming up always put me in a little bit better of a mood, so I think I've been better able to handle the downs, and even more excited about the ups. So what's actually going on. Well, I'll start with the baby stuff.

Baby Stuff
  • Baby girl is 21 weeks and 1 day brewing. She's 10 inches long!
  • She has been moving a lot more consistently this week - I think because she's bigger. It's not completely consistent, but I feel more like I can count on feeling her at least a few times a day. Yesterday she was an animal!
  • We have the fetal echo on Tuesday, and we get to see her sweet face and make sure she's still measuring on track.
  • I haven't thrown up in 11 days! This is not to say I haven't been nauseated, because I get nauseated every day. But at least I'm not throwing up.
  • Round ligament pain is the devil. I feel it in a triangle - where my legs meet my body, and right under my bump. If I sit down for a long time and then get up I can barely walk for a few minutes. My guess is since she's growing so much faster (my little pregnancy wheel says "uterus grows rapidly" under weeks 21-24) the ligaments are just stretching further.
  • As I just told my friend, the pain isn't a big deal in the scheme of things. I'd go through way worse to have E, and we're HEALTHY. And that's what's important.

Not Baby Stuff
  • A was driving home from work Monday night when his car decided not to turn into the parking lot he was turning into. He ALMOST got rear-ended, but managed to avoid it and somehow even got all the way home. It turns out his power steering pump is done. This is a $450 fix. We put over $1000 into it in the summer. It's a 2003 piece of crap, so we don't want to keep pouring money into it.
  • SO we're buying a new car! We're getting something brand new and safe, with a warranty so we won't have to worry about repairs for a while. We also got approved for an awesome loan with a MUCH lower interest rate. We're psyched.
  • My check engine light came on! So my car has to go into the shop. I think it's an issue with the air conditioning/sensors so it's not covered under my power train warranty. I am afraid to take it in because I don't want to spend a bunch of money right now!
  • OCD is an asshole. Enough said.
  • I just planned a Christmas shopping trip with my pregnant friend who is 2.5 weeks behind me. We are so excited - we NEVER go shopping.
  • Christmas is less than two months away, and it's less than 3 weeks until Thanksgiving (AND V DAY!). I am so excited for Thanksgiving because we're spending it at my parents' house. My mom makes the most amazing food, and I get to see two aunts I haven't seen since before I was pregnant. Mmmmmm.. comfort food, family, and a day off. How can you beat that?
  • We're cleaning this weekend!!! We are spending tomorrow going through our closet and getting rid of everything we can. We're starting a "flea market" box, and a "throw out" box, and trying to clear out as much as possible. I LOVE not having tons of stuff we never use around.
  • A agreed I can get a new desk!!! And a new DVD tower, so we're going to clear a bunch of room in the living room, too.
  • I got a raise!!!!
So basically what I'm trying to say is "Holy crap, there's a lot going on". And while some of it (car stuff) is less than awesome, I'm still in a great mood. The holidays this year will be amazing with the expectation of a new little person in the family. The house will be cleaned out so I can decorate (and get to my decorations!). And we have lots of family time planned.

And I can't leave out the fact that today is Friday. Woo-hoo for the weekend and being productive!! Wow... I haven't been in this good of a mood in some time. I'm knocking on wood and saying prayers now that it stays that way, and that E and I keep doing well.

Thank you, God for my gorgeous baby girl and my amazing husband. He's my rock and she's my sunshine. I'm not sure what I did to deserve these precious gifts, but I send all my praises to you for them. I can't thank you enough. Please keep my baby girl and her daddy and I safe and well, Lord. We love you and are so thankful for all you've done. For getting us through the hard times to the good times. For everything we have. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot going on! I'm sorry about the car trouble, but glad you have a lot of good stuff happening too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, congrats on the raise!!! You have some fantastic things going on right now missy :) I'm super stoked for the holidays as well this year. SOOOO cannot wait to get out all the decorations and stuff! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete