Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So I got some clarification from the Doctor about our tests. They were not "pretty much ok". Granted, it was much better than I thought, but at this point our only option is still IVF. This makes me very unhappy. Our current plan is to get more blood tests done this month and then again in June and see if there is improvement. If we're still not at a point where we can do IUI then we will begin IVF. I am holding out hope, though. The most recent results were much better than I expected, and Andy's testosterone keeps going up. Dr. Fenig said it would take 3-6 months to see real results and we did the tests at just under 3 months, so I'm kind of curious and excited to see what happens in June. We'll be trying on our own until then. It's more difficult with Male Factor infertility to get pregnant on your own, but anything is possible with God's help.

I called Shady Grove today to double check to see if there is anything they want me to do since no one has ever confirmed ovulation. She said since my cycles are under 35 days they're fairly certain they are ovulatory, so the only thing they want to do is an HSG. I am so not looking forward to the HSG. I've heard some horror stories, but if it will help us to conceive it will have to be done. Maybe they'll let me take a xanax. I just want to get it over with. I'm praying we get our BFP before then so I don't have to do it lol.

For now, we're just waiting. Again. It's making me crazy, but at least I have 1 test to help prepare.

2 comments:

  1. Hi from cysters :)

    Sending prayers for a BFP! :) My DH suffers from male factor infertility as well; we have to do sperm adoption. Is that an option? It's not crazy expensive and a wonderful option....just an idea. :) www.cryolab.com is the lab we use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nikki! I think we're going to give it until that next test before we decide on anything, but it's nice to have options!

    ReplyDelete