Thursday, May 24, 2012

3 Months Old!

Things keep moving along, no matter how much I sometimes wish they would just. slow. down. My little girl is 3 months and 2 days old today, and I've been back at work almost 3 weeks. It doesn't seem possible. I feel like I just gave birth. And she still gets more amazing every day. For about a week now, she's been greeting me every morning with a huge smile. She smiles all the time, and it's not a gassy smile, it's a smile that says "Hey! You're my mom and I love you". She loves it when her daddy pouts, she's still astonished by kisses (what on earth is she putting her face on my face for!?) and she spends at least a little time every morning snuggled in my arms asleep before work. She sleeps anywhere from 5-8 straight hours, though she's been incredibly fussy for two nights as she has hit a growth spurt. She's up to 5oz bottles as of last night, and finding her hands more and more often (Ok, they're always in her mouth. Always). My little angel still hates tummy time with a fiery passion, and is rolling from her back to her side. It won't be long before she's rolling all the way over! She spits up constantly and fusses from being uncomfortable, but when she's not spitting, she's giggling and trying so hard to laugh. She still just squeals, but any day now it'll happen.

My sweet one is still a teeny tiny. 11lb 12oz today in her diaper. Her daddy has fallen massively in love, and you can see his entire world calm when she's in his arms. Her popi (grandpa) is mildly obsessed, and, well.. so are we all. It's almost inconceivable the joy this tiny little person has brought to us. We're so incredibly blessed and thankful for our miracle. Each little smile melts my heart into a little puddle of goo.

Grateful is not even an appropriate word for how I feel. I feel like God stepped down on earth, created a perfect little human, and said "Here, this is yours to keep safe". And I get to be her mommy.

Andy and I are still working on some things. We took a huge step forward on our date night on Saturday. It was amazing to get a chance to reconnect. I'm trying to be less overbearing and he's trying to get a job that doesn't stress him out and lets him have more time with his girls.

And me? I'm the happiest momma in the entire world.



1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I can't believe it's been 3 months already... I can just feel your joy radiating from this post :) I can't wait to hear about her first laugh!

    ReplyDelete