Friday, August 16, 2013

Thoughts

I'm pretty sure that Evangeline is officially a toddler. She's started having little tantrums (especially when she's outside and I want her to hold my hand!) and crying over ridiculous things. Last night my husband took her in her bedroom to change her diaper, and the went INSANE when she got in the room. She ended up peeing all over herself, needing a bath, and crying through the whole thing. Tantrum crying. Even after I got home and took over. Usually mommy fixes everything! Not so. This time Jake and the Neverland Pirates fixed it. Really she just thought she was going to bed and was having NO parts of it. Such is life with a toddler! I used to think that "Reasons my son is crying" blog was silly. But no. They really go nuts over the most insane little things.

I think by some inate ability, I'm able to keep calmer than Andy. I'm not the most patient person, but with Evie it's a different story. It takes so much to get me frustrated, so most of the time she's so, so good for me. Andy thinks it's because I'm her mom, but I think a lot of it is because usually it's so easy for me to be calm and relaxed and focused on nothing but what's going to make my baby happy. That's not to say I'm perfect by any means. I'm human, and she is a toddler. And sometimes I feel like I would pay serious money if it would get her to just sit in the bath tub. Or not throw the paper towels on the ground. But there's something about that sweet face. My husband's patience has grown exponentially since E was a tiny tot. I think sometimes since he's staying at home right now, by the end of the day he's pretty tense. But... it's not always easy!

We're leaving tomorrow morning for a week at the beach. I'm pretty excited about it. My parents and my brother and SIL will be there, too. My parents agreed to watch Evie two nights so Andy and I can go out. We don't get a lot of those opportunities. Especially with another baby on the way. I'm planning to cherish this week like no other. It's weird to think it will be our last vacation as a family of three. It's kind of really our first. To think this year will be the last Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween with only 1 baby to shower with love (and presents).

Things are OK on the baby front. We're trying to pick yet another new OB because the other one delivers at a hospital far from my house. Given as many times as I needed to be in the hospital last time, and the possibility of hospital bed rest, I want to be at the hospital close by. I don't think my heart could stand being so far from Evie that she couldn't visit a lot. I'll be 12 weeks on Saturday and it's such a cool thing to be almost into the 2nd tri. Only a little over a week to go! I just need to get to 24 and then take each day as it comes. Halfway there on Sunday.

Lately I've been thinking B2 might be a girl. I hope, for Andy, that it's a boy, but I'd love a girl. I want him to have his boy to do his baseball thing with though. I was wrong with Evie, so really we'll just have to wait and see. I should have some good pictures after the 26th. I have my NT then, which I have to go to alone, but I'm still excited about.

For the time being, I just plan to shower this little sweetheart with love and fun. She was at the beach when she was 6 months, but it's not the same. This time she can run around and play. She can ride rides and win things and eat Boardwalk food. I hope she loves it as much as I do because I think we'll probably go every year.

For now, have some photos of my sweet little tiny. She still loves swings, and her giant jellyfish, Bloop-Bloop. The shopping cart picture was the result of me asking for a photo. She pulled out her barrette and started playing in her hair. Perhaps modeling is not in our future. She sure is cute enough though.

No comments:

Post a Comment