Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Updates!

Things have been moving along rather boringly in our household. We've had a few issues with plumbing, and Andy still can't find a job, but we're dealing and doing the best we can. My anxiety disorder has been a lot more under control than normal lately, and I think I'm finally making progress. And I'm starting to deal with the whole hover-mom issue. Unfortunately, while I'm ready to get started on a baby S2, husband isn't quite there yet. E's teething and Saturday was a mess. She wouldn't sleep and was so cranky all day. I feel so bad for her because her gums are so swollen and I can feel the tooth pressing down. We're planning on waiting until Winter anyway, but I hope he is ready by then. He has days where he's totally on board and days where he questions things. I know he wants more kids, but we can't wait 2 more years to try. I just don't want to take chances with my kidneys going on that long. He knows that, and is OK with it, but hopefully he'll be even more Ok with it in the coming months.

There are days when it's incredibly difficult to NOT be Ok with it. Like when we have fantastic weather and do photo shoots with Evie outside. These photos did not turn out as well as I'd hoped because of the direction of the sun and I couldn't get any wide-eyed shots, but that's OK. I totally wish they made this dress in my size.





And then there are days when she's stuck in the car for 2 hours and loses it at the end. Like the photos below when we went to DC. She was sooooo good right up until the last 20 minutes of the drive. She really is a great kid.

Here she is kissing the "other" baby.


And being generally beautiful.


I feel like I really lucked out with this angel of a child. She has rough days here and there, but she's usually just a peach. I couldn't love her more. I just couldn't. Except that every day I do.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the love thing--when it comes to children, it's insane how much love a heart can hold!! I love that dress, too =)

    ReplyDelete