Monday, May 8, 2017

Picture Dump

I owe this journal some time and some pictures, so here they are. I love having this to look back at and remember details I may have forgotten. I may not have as much time as I used to to go through and post pictures and tell stories, but I want to have these memories captured somewhere. I've taken thousands of pictures, so I picked out a few of my favorites and I'm going to post some updates on the kids after the pictures.


Me and Andrew, just because.



Andrew with his penguin artwork at his art show! in March. So proud of my little buddy.



I may be biased, but look how beautiful this child is.
 

Proof that my children can and do coexist.

 
 We had Christmas pictures done. Evie was loving it. Andrew not so much. 



 

Evie on her 5th birthday. She had a DC Superhero Girls party. She's developed an obsession with  Harley Quinn.


My BFF Nikki got married, so for the bachelorette, Nikki, Megan, Nikki's SIL Sherri, and I went to New Orleans. This is the uber ride into the city.


My favorite picture of us in the whole world:


We got stranded there an extra day and ended up at the aquarium.
 

Andrew's Easter egg hunt at school!


All dressed up for Church.


I had an egg dye helper this year! She cracked like 10 of them because "gentle" isn't really her forte.
 


She's obsessed with her daddy. She just wants to be with him 24 hours a day. Every time I pick her up it's "Mommy I want DADDY". Yes, I know. I love you too. It's so cute. 


The Nikki got married, and I got my hair and makeup done professionally! Here's me and Megan.


And me and Brian. The pictures of Nikki are all on snapchat, and it's a PITA to get them over here at work, but let me tell you... she looked GORGEOUS.



Andrew likes slides now. The little girl on the scooter almost ran directly into him. This is him looking at me like "Mom, wtf is that about"?
 

We taught Evie to play baseball, but she just wanted to hit things with the bat a la Harley Quinn. 


My old old old friend Greg tattooed me last week. He did an awesome job and I can't wait to go back to him.


This is the day after. It's a little scabby, but healing way better than I expected. It's Harley Quinn diamonds, like from her clown costume. I got it for Evie (and also me because I love HQ). Now she wants one, but she's got 13 years to go. If I have enough time before my transplant we might put a joker card behind it and a mallet or something 
 
 
 Last night I went into the kitchen and came back to find Evie dressed in her HQ costume, reading a DC Bombshells comic we bought on Saturday. She says the comic store is her favorite store now.
 




And now we're up to the present! Time for updates!


Andy: He gets the smallest update because he's boring. Still loving his new job and we are starting to get the house back under control!

Me: Still no kidney. Seems we're looking at October now, which I'm ok with. We both (my brother and I) need to build up some leave if we can, and it'll be better to be laid up when it's cold outside. I'm trying to lose 25lb by then. I'm down like 13, but I want to lose 25 more just to help with the healing process and such.

Evie: Is hilarious. She's so funny and sweet and smart. She has gotten much better at writing and her sight words are amazing. I can't believe she's going into Kindergarten. She's a handful, but she's just like any other kid with a penchant for DC comics lol.

Andrew: He's been in private speech since January and is doing really well. He has a few signs, and says a few words. He still just wants to cuddle all the time, and is so happy. Unless you tell him he can't flush the toilet, which is kind of his thing right now. He's smarter than me.. like.. the kid figures out things so quickly and is so perceptive, and I just can't with how bright the little guy is. He's doing letter puzzles on the ipad, he's a whiz with technology. I wish there was a consistent way to test what he knows, but since he doesn't really talk, it's just kind of wait and see.

That's all for now. Everyone is well (for the most part) and things are moving along. I 'll post again before 6 months is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment