Monday, June 30, 2014

It's Been a While

Well it's been a while since I posted and it's been a heck of a time. A few weekends ago Evie wasn't feeling very well. She had a fever, but motrin was helping a lot. She was cuddly and clingy but in a few days she was OK. That Monday we noticed Andrew was really warm and had some spots on his face (which you can see a little in the second picture). The doctor said just to watch it, so we did. By Tuesday it was worse, but his attitude was great. He was his happy self. I was getting freaked out though so I took him to the doctor. The doctor comes in and he's smiling and laughing, so she looks in his mouth and looks at me and says "I did not expect to see that...." the kid has pustules in his throat because he's got a horrible case of strep and the rash is scarlet fever. She told me he's not allowed to get appendicitis because we'll never know he's sick. We started him on Antibiotics and took Evie in the next day? STREP. Then the next day I got a fever and sore throat, but the doctor said mine wasn't strep. The I start breaking out in these oozing sores. So back to the doctor I go and I have a staph infection!!! The second picture below is right before it got really bad and destroyed my face.

Last night Evie woke up after a half an hour screaming. We couldn't calm her down. I had to hand Andrew off to Andy and bring Evie into my room where she finally fell asleep after 11 curled up in my arms. She woke up a few more times crying but I was able to calm her. Motrin didn't help. She felt warm but according to the thermometer she didn't have a fever. She won't eat or drink. She shouldn't have an infection since she JUST finished a ten day course of antibiotics. We kept asking her what hurt and she wouldn't tell us, even though she knows the body parts. She seemed better this morning, but then when I dropped her off at daycare she screamed again, and I pray she naps because otherwise those poor teachers. At this point she's not feeling well and EXHAUSTED.

So needless to say it's been a tough time for us! No sickness is ever simple in our house. Now we just have to hope that whatever it is is not going to affect Andrew. Maybe it's molars. Who knows.








Andrew, for the most part, has been pretty happy. My parents went to Florida last week so he got to bond with his daddy for 4 days. They had so much fun and learned a lot about each other!




It's also been hot so I FINALLY got to take Evie out to play in her pool. She kept yelling "WATER! HAPPY!"







He's a pretty happy guy. Almost always smiling. He's such a joy, this little one. So is his sister, but at 5 months he's happier than I would expect. I mean the kid is just all smiles.



And then there's this one with the eyes that are going to break so many hearts. She's so gorgeous, and such a sweet girl. I just feel bad for any boys she meets because it's hard not to fall in love with this face.


So things have been all around crazy, but we're doing pretty well. I hope whatever is bothering Evie goes away immediately! But other than that we're cruising along. I never really knew this would actually be my life. I'm so blessed, and so thankful to God for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment