Thursday, May 2, 2013

Reflections

Last night I was feeling tired and uncomfortable on the floor playing with Evie in her room. I decided to bring her into my room to watch some night time tv before bed. She's always all over the place on the bed. It's like I put her in a bounce house or something. But we also get the best cuddles then. At one point last night she was sitting up and she grabbed my right hand and just held my hand for a significant amount of time. I've never wanted so badly to have a camera - any camera - within arm's reach. I just wanted a picture of her tiny little hand holding mine. I held her and I just thought about what an amazing little girl she is - how much I can't believe she's mine. I don't know what I did - or maybe I really just am blessed - to have this sweet baby. I love her more than I ever could have imagined. I can't wait to see her this afternoon. To hold her and kiss her and play and make her laugh. Being a mom is more than I thought it could be. If my entire life's purpose is to be a mommy to my sweet girl, then that's completely OK by me.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute image =) There have been so many times that I wished (even if just for a second!) that I was on a reality show so that all the amazing, perfect, and of course un-recordable moments could be captured!

    ReplyDelete