Friday, November 16, 2012

Catching Up

As usual, it's been a while, and there's a lot going on in our house. Evangeline is developing so quickly these days I fear she'll be in college before the next time I blink my eyes. She's pulling up some and sort of crawling and with mobility comes hilarity when you're talking babies.

Last night, I helped her to stand. She still hasn't perfected pulling up (you can see below that she's pretty close), but she loves to stand. I have to hold down her play table because it's not particularly sturdy. After a few minutes I felt a tiny little hand on mine, pulling it up and off of the table, then dropping it. At first I thought she was just curious. I then realized she was making a very clear statement with the motion, which was so delicate, yet so incredibly filled with distaste. I imagine that in her little baby head, the thought was something like "Excuse me, mother, but this is my toy, and you do not have my permission to touch it!" (which I imagine in a brittish accent even though I'm not sure she's ever heard a brittish person talk).

It was hysterical, and she followed it up by letting go of the table and just standing. Not wobbling... just standing. Then she grabbed it again and continued on her way.

Sleep has been interesting. She was afflicted by the 9 month sleep regression last Friday, and has had myriad troubles since then. I attribute this to her new skills. We find her sitting up in the crib on her own, or crawling around instead of sleeping. Last night we made a lot of progress when she slept until 4:15am. Except that when I woke up, she was not on the video monitor, and I had to run into her room to make sure she was OK. She was just hiding (damn that mobility) but it woke her up. I think we might have made a full night if it weren't for her clumsy mother.

Her favorite thing to do aside from standing is grab my eyeballs and scratch the shit out of my face with razor thumbnails (no matter how often I trim them!). This part can end whenever it would like please.

She's still hellbent on saying "Dada" but the "Mama"s are coming a little more often. The other day Andy handed her the phone and she said "MAMA!!" but mostly she says it when she's feeling needy. She also shakes her head and says "no", and eats puffs like a champ. And she said "kitty" but people would debate me on that. I would if I wasn't there to see the cat jump up on the couch, Evie lunge for her and scream "DIDDY!!". She hasn't done it since, but she did it once prior when my parents' dog (who is the size of a cat) walked in the room.

Here's last night in pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment