Friday, November 23, 2012

9 Months

Yesterday was a big day for us. Not only was it Thanksgiving, but it was my birthday, and E turned 9 months old.

She's such an amazing child. We spoke yesterday about things we're thankful for, and my husband pointed out that he's thankful for E, and for Me for carrying her, and explained that he really had no idea how much he could love another person. "I thought I loved you" he said to me, which illicited laughter from the family. We knew what he meant.

At 9 months she's still the happiest baby. She's begun sleeping through the night and happing well. She says "Mama, dada, no, and kitty (dit-dee)". She can crawl a bit, though she prefers to roll, she pulls up on shirts, hands, and legs (but only part way on furniture). She loves music and dancing, when I pretend to eat her fingers, and puffs. She loves puffs. She still doesn't have any teeth, and therefore isn't eating a ton of foods. She likes things that can get easily mashed, so we're building up to more things. It's nearly impossible to change her diaper these days. She's learned how to sit up without help, which just makes things even more difficult.

Every day I love her more, and I don't know how it's possible when I look back on how much I loved her the day before. Every fiber of my being aches when I'm away from her at work. I feel like my life's purpose is known - to be her mommy. I never imagined having E in my life could be this amazing. She's the best thing, by far, that has ever happened to me, and I will do anything and everything to make her life everything she wants it to be. I truly believe my daughter is perfection. She is a beacon of joy to everyone around her. She's so incredibly easy to fall in love with because she's so incredibly amazing. In just 9 months she's done so much for my family. I will never, in a million years, be able to express to her, or anyone else how I feel about her. The words that describe my love don't exist. That's the most I can say.

I can't believe that in 3 short months my tiny girl will be 1. All I can do is thank her for giving me purpose.

Here are some pictures from yesterday's trifecta of awesome.

Here she is with my dad. He still has a blood clot in his leg after 9 days in the hospital, so he couldn't move around much but he was so happy to hold her.


She loves my camera. And I love her eyes. They're so beautiful. They always look brown but they're decidedly not brown, as you can see here. They're grey and amazing.


Flirting with daddy.


Making uncle Matt and aunt Jo want kids.


Chillin'. What?


Here we go with the eyes again. They're like a gorgeous blue here.



No comments:

Post a Comment