Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall and GPOYD

Fall is coming. Fall is so amazing for so many reasons (cool weather, Halloween, long nights, excellent light quality for photography, Thanksgiving, pumpkin spice lattes for those who drink them [I don’t]). This year Fall is even better for me. Fall brings the beginning of the holiday season. Because I work for the government, I get every holiday off (Columbus Day, Veterans Day, etc.). So this year I get to spend all those three and 4 day weekends with my little girl.

One of the things I’ve been excited about with our little family is starting new traditions. Like going to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. Going to Linvilla Orchards with our friends for a hay ride. Thanksgiving with Family, waking up Christmas morning to open our presents as a family like I used to do with my parents. This year we’re having Christmas dinner at our house, so the house will be filled with the smells of turkey, mashed potatoes, and all the wonderful holiday food. We’ll go pick out a first Christmas ornament for Evie and attend a holiday Church service on Christmas Eve.

I’m so excited to share some of my very favorite things with my own little girl. Now that the weather is getting colder I get to put her in hoodies and dresses with tights, and soon? Shoes! I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have her to do all of these things with, and a husband that loves tradition, too!

A few years ago, Andy and I went on the hayride at Linvilla with his friends like we do every year. We smiled at each other, thinking about the fact that one day we’d be bringing our child with us… and this year is that year. And his friends love her SO much. They’ll get all sorts of joy from seeing her giggling at the hay and the silly witches.

I’m so incredibly blessed.

And gratuitous pictures of Evie

We were told to start giving her juice and water in a sippy. She usually likes to play with it more than drink from it. She puts it in her mouth, but is still figuring out that she needs to tilt it. She's not used to the spout since it's not a nipple, but she'll take water from it.


I stuck her in her crib standing just to see what would happen, and this is what happened. She stood. I'm not touching her here - I was so shocked I put my hand next to her in case she fell.


Pretty Eyes


Being all tough eating her apple peach oatmeal yogurt. Seriously, could you fit another ingredient in the jar?


As evidenced by her expression, she'd rather be playing with toys.


This picture is only here because I really adore this outfit. I'm still trying to figure out her eye color. I think her eyes are still trying, too. Usually they're grey, but sometimes I think they're going to turn hazel and then they don't. It's so strange. She'll be 7 months Saturday, so maybe they're just going to keep changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment