Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkin Patch and an Update

This weekend we took the kids to the pumpkin patch with our friends Eric and Caitlin. It was interesting. Andrew loved it. He did an amazing job walking given all the obstacles, and he was so happy to be outside. Evie fell in love with the slide, but didn't understand taking turns, so we had to tell her to stop going up there, and she had a meltdown. That part kind of sucked. Three is a tough age for any kid, but especially a kid with sensory issues. I think slides really tick some boxes in her daily sensory necessity list, and taking that away was rough, but she can't just do anything she wants because she needs sensory input. Still, we got some good pictures and both kids were great at dinner afterwards. I mean honestly Andrew is always so well behaved, and Evie isn't badly behaved normally. She's just 3 and we really need to think about the things that are going to occur when we go out. Most places aren't an issue, but if we go somewhere that she can get sensory input, we need to make sure we have ample time to transition her into leaving!
 
 





 
 
The kids have been tiring us out a lot lately, but is anyone surprised? We have two kids less than two years apart. It's wonderful, but exhausting. And unfortunately Andrew seems to have something going on neurologically. We think he may be having absence seizures. The other day his SLP and another therapist were there when it happened, and confirmed I'm not crazy. They're hard to pick up on because they're so short and kids are so easily distracted, but this time he was sitting in the high chair and just stopped responding in any way. He just stared into space and nothing could break him of it. They were very concerned and told me I have to discuss it with the neurospychologist next month.
 
I'm worried about my little boy, but he's happy , and that's the most important thing to me. Yesterday when I came in the house he just ran to me and put his arms up to be held, and I could've melted into a puddle on the floor. He's such a darling little one. We just need to figure out what's up before I lose my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment